Sunday, August 1, 2010

July Review

I feel like its necessary to post my results for July, purely if for continuity purposes only. I knew that with being in Vegas for half of the month, that my online play would suffer and therefore I had no goals or aims for the month and just accepted that whatever happened, happened and I would deal with getting back to the grind hard in August. I got back from Vegas July 18th but had family in town from England for the final two weeks of the month, which required a lot of time away from the tables. You really cant put a price on spending time with family and friends, so whatever money I did lose by not playing I'm sure was worth it.

Total from all things poker related: $2720

It wasn't too bad considering that it was only half of my normal volume. Things obviously will be different this coming month as I am now on the stake, meaning a portion of profits will be shipped away. I only hope I am able to make more from the stake at $100nl than I did from $50nl on my own money. I'm confident that this will be the case but only time will tell.

Lastly on a personal note, August 1st starts my ten month journey into getting healthy. Those people that have known me for a long time know that since becoming involved in poker my weight has increased dramatically. I topped the scales in Vegas at 327lbs and made a bet with guys in the house that I will be able to weigh in at 220lbs by June 1st 2011. Can I make it ? I'm really not sure of that answer but I know that I need to try, not only for the nice prop bet but to get myself back in acceptable shape. I wont be spending too much time talking about weight but I will update probably once a month with my progress, both good and bad.

Good luck at the tables.

2 comments:

  1. El Nino, the weight thing is attainable. On June 1st I tipped the scales at 230. Now I'm at 205!

    For the most part it has been running - starting out light mixed with walking if need be, cutting out pop and garbage foods. More salads topped with chicken breasts, bagels and yogurts.

    Now I'm up to running 6 milers and feeling a lot better about many things in my life. ('cept the pokery thing lol)

    Good luck and best of success to you my friend! All it takes is the stuff between your ears to tell you to do whatever it is you want to do. Willpower and desire to achieve, and you will succeed. AIM me sometime.

    EN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the weight bet. It's probably the only bet I've ever made that I hope I lose.

    ReplyDelete