Wednesday, August 25, 2010

$330 Winstar and Ugh Rush Poker

Just as I tell you on Sunday that I feel my poker is in a good spot, I'm going to tell you on Wednesday that my game has gone backward a little. I played the $330 buyin for the Winstar "River" Series on Monday and thought that I played reasonably well. I misplayed a hand in the first level but managed to put that behind me, win a couple of races, and make myself healthy again. I went card dead probably at the most important time of the tournament and couple this with the fact that I had a very good internet pro on my right opening and 3betting every hand that having cards was a priority. Sadly they didnt come and when I got my 12bbs in with AKs v QQ in a 3bet pot preflop, that was all she wrote.

Online has been poor for me too the last few days. I ran well below EV on Tuesday and today was just a non-starter. Just as I said I dont want to judge my results when I was on a heater of sorts, I also dont want to judge them now. Hopefully things settle into a nice happy medium and I can start September fresh and ready to go.

Weight loss took a step back the last two days but I am looking to turn that around and have it be a blip rather than a crater.

Playing live tonight in my normal Wednesday game and then am playing the $1050 Winstar event Friday.

Good luck at the tables.

1 comment: