Monday, August 9, 2010

Going Through Changes - Eminem Inspired

As I've previously mentioned in my blog, there are a lot of changes going on currently with me. I've been working hard on my game at the tables and also working on my life away from the tables by changing my diet and lifestyle as a whole.

Well today is the start of week two. First week, I started to eat correctly, I think that in the first seven days of August that I ate more fruit than I have in the rest of 2010 combined. But to be honest, I felt great doing it and didn't once crave a soda or some crap food. Sure I ate Subway twice in the week, but going from a foot long on white with a soda to a six inch on wheat with a water is proof that changes are happening.

At the tables, my game has been going through changes too. These are inspired by working with others and I really think that the results at the end of the month will speak for themselves. I felt I was a good player before the changes, I'm hoping by the end that I will be a more well rounded player. I don't want to talk too much about the changes in my game for fear that its purely sample size and not a result of better play etc, so I will refrain from passing judgment on that for a few more weeks. I do want to add that I've started marking and reviewing hands once a week with a couple of players whose game I really respect and I came out of the review session with new ideas and lines that I'm excited to build on in the coming weeks.

Now onto the blog title. With it being the second week, I've decided to start to do some exercise as well and as I was logging a session this afternoon, the games turned bad and I wanted to utilize my time better so I decided to go for a walk. Whilst it seemed like a good idea at the time, halfway through the 4-5 mile walk, I felt like a complete idiot. The temperature says its 98 degrees but that its supposed to feel like 104. Let me tell you it felt like 110 to me. Then as I'm making my turn at the halfway point, Going Through Changes hits my Ipod and its at this time that I realize the title of the song epitomizes my current state. I've got to make these changes to come out the other side a better person and player.

Good luck at the tables.

2 comments:

  1. The first step is always the toughest G. By cutting out the pops, chips and constant snacking because I "felt hungry", after a week or so it began to feel normal. Lawrence Taylor (An old NFL star if you weren't aware of him) once said, "Eat for fuel, not for fun."

    As for the walking thing, never feel like an idiot for getting off the couch. After a few weeks, mix in a block or two of running, then go back to a nice walk. Look around and enjoy it. You can even think poker while walking if you like.

    The body will find it's own happy ideal weight on it's own accord, don't push it.

    Excellent entry my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post you have...keep it up...love it..


    poker ligne

    regards,
    badloi

    ReplyDelete