Friday, April 9, 2010

Rakeback Doesn't Lie

Fridays are always a mixed day for me, its the day that I receive my weekly rakeback payments from Raketherake and also the day that I dread logging in and starting a session. I know that many of you love to play at the weekends but I absolutely hate it. The variance is so much higher and whilst I manage to get it in good most of the time, its always some random bullshit two pair getting there by the river. That's why I fear Fridays.

However, rakeback provides that silver lining, that shining star in the face of another black day at the tables with the weekend warriors playing bingo poker. Well today the lining really doesn't look silver, it looks more like bismuth or mercury (I cheated here and google'd a list of precious metals because I struggled for 5 minutes trying to figure out a cheaper valued precious metal). My rakeback payment for the week was $145, which is absolutely terrible. An average rakeback payment for a week is $280 and if i'm playing anything that resembles a normal week, its in the $300 - $350 range. So the fact that i only received $145 is telling me that I spent the week slacking at the tables. After looking back at PT3 the most hands I've logged in a day is 3500, which based on my normal volume is lol. I'm at 21k hands for the month in 9 days, I should be at around 35k.

Whats causing the lack of motivation ? I really cant answer that, I'm really enjoying poker at the minute and everything that goes along with it, yet i cant find my usual motivation. I'm hoping its not burnout because with Vegas only six weeks away, I really need to put in the hands so I have the money to play an aggressive tournament schedule. I have a pretty busy weekend with coaching and a live tournament on Saturday and then next week I'm in Cleveland to watch the Rangers with NFeugo and Vizer so there will be no poker. It looks as though it will be a super long end to the month trying to make up for all the lost hands. I can only hope that Cleveland refreshes me and I'm able to come back with some new found motivation.

On a side note, I played in my usual WNPL (Wednesday Night Poker League) event and managed to take down a nice $850 score. The event was a $100 buy in with a splash pot of $1135 resulting in a nice $3800 prize pool with only 27 runners. Each week money is taken from the tournament prize pool and then once a quarter is splashed back into the tournaments so hitting a quarterly score like this is always nice.

Just as I was going to publish this and start a session, my phone rang and a friend invited me to lunch. Finally my chance to say no and log a session to get back on track. Sadly not, I'm off to lunch,

Good luck at the tables to all.


4 comments:

  1. Wow. So glad others experience this too. I feel like Fridays can either be my worst day or best day as a result of the donks being out in full force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We donks love the weekends, a few beers and guess what, that's right we will call that runner runner flush and take that pot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am suffering from life burn-out at the moment. Knackered generally. More on radio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gone fishing. Weekdays are typically the time I enjoying playing the most. And "Hello" to all you European Grinders!

    ReplyDelete