Saturday, May 15, 2010

So Close to a Bink

I wanted to use this as a shout out to a fellow grinder that went so close to binking a huge score last night. I was approached by Ready2Win earlier this month about the possibility of buying a small percentage of him in a couple of the upcoming miniFTOPS. I think he has a great understanding of the game, so I jumped at the chance to get on board. I shipped him the agreed % and didnt think much about it. Being the guy that he is, he jumped on AIM before the event and told me it was starting and that he would update me at the end.

The tournament was a 4x Shootout, where the winner of each table advances to another table against the winners of the previous round. Well he won his first table quickly and advanced to his second table and again swept aside his opponents to be in the final 81. This is a solid achievement already as it started with 2200 runners. Sadly at this point, I had to leave and couldnt follow the rest of the sweat. Turns out R2W finished a hugely respectable 35th place, losing a flip when 4 handed at his 3rd table. I picked up a tremendous return on my investment and certainly will be looking to be on board the next time he is looking to get rid of a %.

Hopefully I can return the favor to him when i play the WSOP events this summer as he has a % of me in those.

2 comments:

  1. Congratz to R2W!

    Should offset an evening out in Vegas, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. VWD. Hopefully your midas touch will follow on to the WSOP.

    Good luck from myself and Witty I'm sure!! See you Tuesday. Planning a big show dude.

    ReplyDelete