Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Random Updates

Going to just throw down a quick update of the past week as it has been super busy, which has left me with little time to update. Poker, touch wood, has been going well. I think that the shock of last month's poor performance made me really focus on my months results and thankfully for me it seems to have paid off. I'm winning at a rate that I think is acceptable and my confidence in my game is coming back. Its amazing how much of a confidence game poker is. I should manage to hit 100k hands for the month which will enable me to win my piece of the 100k prop bets.

I managed to sell off all 80% of my WSOP shares on 2+2 in about 16 hours and am now committed to playing events #8, 23 and 45. Event #8 and #45 will be on my stake and then I will pay for event #23 myself. I sent off my pre-registration form for event #8 today, as it is on June 2nd and I only arrive in Vegas June 1st. The last thing that I want to do is arrive and find out the event is sold out. I can see myself being more organized than I was last year and I think that I will reap the benefits of it. My schedule is set and gives me a couple of days off between events so that I can recover and always be at 100%. As I'm a huge soccer fan I won't play on any day that England is playing because I expect to be drinking in a bar and to be honest watching soccer is more important to me than poker. Its a way of life almost.

I've still got a little bit more money to earn before I have my monetary goal to take out to Vegas with me but I expect that to be hit with a few days to spare. This will allow me to take a few days off and recharge before the 18 hour drive!!! Really looking forward to meeting the guys that are staying in the house, I speak to most of them daily on AIM/Skype and I know I will learn so much from them during my stay. They are some of the biggest winners at the micros, so being around them can't be anything but good for my game.

I swapped 10% with Flippn Corner on 2+2 in the miniFTOPS main event and he gave me as good of a sweat as Ready2Win. After min-cashing myself, I watched FC end up finishing 90th. Such a sick result in a field of 14k and was a nice $1k score for him. With $150k for first though, I wont lie to you and say that I didn't think about what I could do with my share of such a huge score.

Off to play live tonight in a very juicy game. Good luck me.


1 comment:

  1. Live game TR? And are you going to update results of WSOP play?

    ReplyDelete