Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Real Grind

Well I have finally experienced the real grind. I left myself 40k hands to hit for the 100k prop bet in a little over a week. Problem is, I don't have a week, I have five days. I need to get the hands out of the way by Friday so I can take a couple of days off before i head out to the WSOP. Meaning 8k hands a day is needed. Now I only 12 table so it becomes a huge amount of hands. On Monday I managed to play 9700 and yesterday I logged 8k. Ive settled into a routine of waking up at 4am, playing until noon, sleeping until 4pm and then playing from 5pm - 11pm and then heading back to bed. Not much of a life but it works and for five days I can do anything. Monday was a complete nightmare, I got into a $260 hole early, managed to grind my way back out of the hole to be up a small amount before plummeting back down and ending the day -$223. Nothing more demoralizing than playing that many hands and ending in the negative. Surprisingly, all it did was provide me with the motivation to crush on Tuesday. I managed to win $412 yesterday, which brings a smile to anyone's face. Day 3 is about to start now, updates to follow.

Also an intriguing question to close, If you knew someone was multi accounting but they were a 90/3 fish down $6k and the biggest whale you know, would you report them ? (Think Guy Laliberte of the micros.) For obvious reasons the name of the person wont be revealed, just interested in the responses

3 comments:

  1. I'd never consider reporting them (or anyone in fact, unless it somehow affected me and my BR).

    I think I might know who you mean..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary,

    It depends on which perspective you take. On the one hand it's against the TOC's and illegal so it should be reported from a moral standpoint.

    On the other hand them doing it is actually costing them money and poker is all about profiting. I think you will find they will eventually make your decision for you and realise it is not working out and stop.

    It's hard not to look shady if you say "take the money" but that is what almost 100% of people would do. Be glad you know of it and can spot it for times when it is not profitable for you. Poker is cut throat.

    Mal255

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most likely they may be MAing from opening a new account to receive RB. Second thought is they may have opened a new account to have losses spread between two accounts on TR lol!

    Tag'em both and reap the rewards. I doubt MAing gets to be a big deal (enough to report or for a poker site to investigate), until it gets out of the micros.

    Added your WSOP twitter to the blog. Any other 2p2 uNLers heading to WSOP/Grinder House you know, fire their link to me.

    ReplyDelete