Thursday, June 10, 2010

Micro House Recap #1

Feel bad that I havent had a chance to update over the first 9 days of my stay but things have been super busy. We have moved into the house and for the most part everyone is getting on fine. Its always going to be the case when you put that many people in the house that personalities are going to clash, and there has been a little of that but its been minor and things couldn't be better.

As for the poker, I havent played as much as I would have liked but I'm hoping over the weekend that I start to hit major grind time. I played my first WSOP event on June 2nd and lasted a grand total of two hours. I got into a 4bet pot preflop with AK v 99 and then proceeded to get the rest in on a flop of 8s, 5s, 3s holding the As for the nut flush draw plus two overs. Sadly for me I managed to brick off and I was done a lot sooner than I had hoped. On the positive side, KurtSF made the final table in the same event and finished in 7th. We had the whole house up there railing him and I have to say it was a great experience. I had a small % of him too so it started my trip with a bang. Hopefully in one of my two remaining WSOP events I can reproduce Kurt's showing.

I did start my tournament grind on Saturday with a solid showing in the $135 deep stack tournament at the Golden Nugget. I finished 25th out of 370 for a small cash which took a mind numbing 14 hours. Great structure with a lot of chips but the juice is a little high on the smaller event.

As for the cash games, I have been predominately playing at the Wynn and the games have been good. I just really need to play more and reap the benefits of the soft games. I plan on getting my major grind on though now so I expect the games to be very profitable.

Away from tournaments we have been playing a lot of golf. Both DJ(Cougfan) and Matt(Scooby) are very good golfers and therefore Dip and I have been playing with them in a skins format which has been fun. We have played three courses already and they have all been amazing. Spanish Trials so far has been my favorite and we managed to play it for $40 when the course price is $200 a round. thanks to golfnow.com. Ive only played 4 times this year so my results have been hit and miss although I can slowly see my game improving. Im completely addicted to the game and cant wait to play more.

Other than golf, we have bought a ping pong table for the house and the action on that has been thick and fast. Im average at best, but manage to hold my own against most of the house but get destroyed by Dip and Arjun. We have a night out planned for tomorrow to celebrate mine and Dip's birthday so there should be a lot of drinks flowing. Then Saturday brings the start of the World Cup and I cant wait for every match. Im going to be glued to the t.v.

Going to close for now, but more updates to follow. I will update my twitter during any tournament i play.

1 comment: