Friday, June 18, 2010

$200 Daily at the Rio

Played the $200 daily yesterday at the Rio because of a mistake I made in scheduling. I had planned to play the $340 deep stack at the Venetian but it was a limit event and I'm not good enough to be able to play a $340 tournament playing limit so I headed over to the Rio and played their daily. Dip, Darren(Perfection), Ed(Muppetpower) and I had a last longer $10 bet to add to the competition. Although you start with 15,000 chips with 30 minutes levels, the aggressive blind structure quickly turns it into a super turbo. We played for about 8 hours before the money bubble burst and when it burst I was the only person remaining, Dip bust about 8 before the money. I ended up taking a flip for the chip lead with 25 remaining and ending up on the wrong side when my TT couldn't hold vs AK. With the top heavy pay structure, $26k for first, I really like my flip. I ended up cashing for $820 and bringing my cash streak in live MTT's to 3 in a row.

Going to grind hard this weekend so there will be no tournaments but I will be back on the tournament trial next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment